Topic

Bosavi has stopped production

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Bosavi has stopped production

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Peter S
    BPL Member

@prse

Locale: Denmark

I’m very thrilled with my Bosavi headlamp. Being curious, I asked them if they had plans for making a version 2. Unfortunately this was the answer:

“Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for your support.

We are out of stock with no plans to manufacture additional headlamps.  We feel honored with the support and positive feedback from our users.

Our chief design engineer (my son) has leveraged this experience and is working in the tech industry in research and development.
    Best Regards,
    Larry Freschl”

I hope the best for them and I’ll be careful not destroying/losing my Bosavi headlamp! Haha :-)

Derek M.
    BPL Member

@dmusashe

Locale: Southern California

I’ve got a Bosavi headlamps whose high power LED is on fritz so I’m looking for a replacement.  I basically wanted another Bosavi (because I think it is the perfect headlamp) but was saddened to just recently learn from Larry Freschl that the company has stopped doing business. :(

Does anyone know of any currently produced headlamp that comes even close to the Bosavi in terms of features for the weight?  Whatever I get must be rechargeable…

I’m kicking myself now for not ordering 10 headlamps for myself when Bosavi was still operating.

P.S. – Anyone have one that they’ll sell me?

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

the closest is the BD revolt but its heavier at 100g and uses NiMH bats … of course that means in a pinch you can also carry extra bats for longer usage

for 115g you can get the new Petzl Reactik (which is an update of the older RXP) … its more expensive but its the better headlamp with better output and REGULATED run times … also it uses a detachable LiON bat and has customizable output settings …

for cheap usage you can get the foxelli M500 … its 120+g but is cheap at ~20-30$ .. it has a fixed LiOn bat

for UL camp use the nitecore T360 weights under an oz with a fixed LiOn bat … but it lacks output and runtime for actual hiking in the dark

surprisingly enough there arent many mid weight (50-100g) USB rechargeable headlamps

;)

Serge Giachetti
    BPL Member

@giachett

Locale: boulder, co

I’m testing the new reactik + for a review, and so far I’m very impressed with it. There are lighter headlamps, and there are more powerful ones, but this one is quite the powerhouse for its size. The quality of the beam is also excellent. Its basically a nao jr.

two pints
    Spectator

@madgoat

Locale: Ohio

“P.S. – Anyone have one that they’ll sell me?” -Derek M.

I would sell you mine, but I don’t think you would want it.

It will not accept a full charge and goes out very quickly.  And there is a crack in the case next to the hinge.  While I like the idea of the Bosavi, my particular one has too many issues for me to sell it (with a good conscience).

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Derek M how did your PCT trip go, are you going to do a trip and gear report ? I do have a Bosavi  but not for sale.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

just saw this ….

3.2 oz rechargeable via micro USB (LiOn presumably) … likely not regulated … has spot+flood+red … 50 yankee dollahz

https://www.niteize.com/product/Radiant-250-Rechargeable-Headlamp.asp

;)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools