Topic

Borah Gear Bivy + 25×77 max sleeping pad question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Borah Gear Bivy + 25×77 max sleeping pad question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BRYON L
    BPL Member

@pastor-bryon

I’m working with John to finalize purchase of a bivy and I have a question.

Anybody here using a Xtherm 25×77 max sleeping pad in their BG bivy? I’m working on which length to go with. I don’t want any extra room at the foot end and not much extra room at the head end, but I do want it to fit properly.

Comment below with your experience/opinion or message me if you could take a pic or two to help me out. Thanks!

Bret G
    Spectator

@bdgrover

Locale: Utah

My experience with my Borah Bivy and Xtherm has been they fit well together. I don’t mind having a little space at either end but it is only about 2-3 inches if memory serves me well.

BRYON L
    BPL Member

@pastor-bryon

Which length is your bivy, regular or long?

Thanks for this!

Nick S
    BPL Member

@roadphoto-com-2-2

My Bora Bivy is about 7ft. I’m 6’4. The X-therm fits well but I find it a little tight in the footbox. I’d suggest going a bit wider and longer then you might think you will need.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools