Topic

Bivy condensation under noseeum netting top

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Bivy condensation under noseeum netting top

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Elliott Wolin
    BPL Member

@ewolin

Locale: Hampton Roads, Virginia

I may make a two-person bivy to control drafts when we use our 2-p quilt.  I’m thinking silnylon bottom and a mostly noseeum netting top, except for some strips (6 inches?) along the edges to control drafts a bit.  I’m assuming that the netting will not cause condensation.

Has anyone experienced condensation under netting?  It is fairly wind-proof if I recall, but it seems unlikely it will block water vapor.  But experience is better than theorizing…

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Elliott,

I have had condensation on noseeum.  As you’d expect, it is primarily from breathing very close to the mesh.

However, as you assume, it will typically be none to just a bit.  Unless, of course, your tarp is pitched close to the netting.  Air gaps all around help.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools