Topic

Bill Opening Wilderness Areas to Bikes Also Opens Debate

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Bill Opening Wilderness Areas to Bikes Also Opens Debate

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ben .
    BPL Member

@frozenintime

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

I couldn’t read the article because I have reached my monthly limit of free articles on that website.

I am a staunch capitalist. But when it comes to wilderness, I am a strict environmentalist. I don’t need to read the article, my views won’t change, although I do seek out these bills so I can oppose them.

My thoughts on mountain bikes can be found here

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

Considering on who is sponsoring this bill, the cynic in me wonders if this not really a longterm land grab done with a “divide and conquer” strategy to split up outdoor group coalitions.

It is telling that IMBA is opposed to the bill.   Of course, many in the mountain bike community think IMBA is too moderate and conciliatory in their views. I really can’t speak to that as much since I am not in the MTB community.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools