Topic

Big Agnes Scout 1 Platinum Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Big Agnes Scout 1 Platinum Review

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Backpacking Light
    Admin

@backpackinglight

Locale: Rocky Mountains

The Big Agnes Scout 1 Platinum is a single wall, single-entrance, trekking pole-supported, silnylon, one-person tent from Big Agnes.

Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

That large, vertical wall would be a concern to me. If you guess wrong on what the wind will do or get swirling winds, I think it would be a less than joyful night.

matt B
    Spectator

@tothetracks

Looks like the Tensor in Long-Wide won’t quite fit… breaking my heart.

Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Southern Indiana

Thanks for the review. I’d like to see how waterproof the tent remains (long term) with sustained moderate to heavy rainfalls.

I called BA last year to find out if they were going to produce a Carbon DCF version of the Scout 1 like they did with the Scout 2. They said it wasn’t in the plans, at least for now. A 9 oz Carbon Scout 1 would truly be XUL and the ultimate FKT shelter. Probably a little more waterproof than the silnylon too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools