Topic

BIAS hammock company still around?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Hammock Camping BIAS hammock company still around?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Last year I tried to order a hammock from BIAS, paid my money, etc. and received an email stating that the order was being processed.  After a few weeks without hearing anything I tried contacting them – both by phone and email – and everything went into a black hole.  So after a couple of months I reported this as fraudulent business to the credit card company, eventually getting my money back, but not a word from the company.  [edited – MK]  Their hammocks were given a glowing revue by Doug Johnson and maybe they are pretty good, but the company not so much.  Anyone have any experience with this outfit?

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Your post makes me sad…I think I have four BIAS hammocks and one of their Nano Buginator bug nets.  In my experience they’ve been great at customer service.  I had a hammock where there were some small holes developing around the channel at the end (my weight exceeded their recommended weight limit for that hammock).  I sent it back to them and they shortened the hammock and sent it back to me without charging me.

It was a “side” business – I know both of them had full-time jobs.  I think I have one of their personal email addresses.  I’ll reach out to them and will post if/when I hear back.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools