Topic

Best Way To Carry Camera Backpacking

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Best Way To Carry Camera Backpacking

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

Locale: Virgo Supercluster

…in the photography world, a 10.5 ounce camera is considered a toy compared to even APS-C ILC gear, let alone full frame ILC gear.

I think that’s almost exactly what my little point-and-shoot weighs, with a battery installed.

Edit: sorry… it’s 9.5 ounces.  That’s, like, 11% more toy-like.

Michael S
    BPL Member

@cascadebackpacker

Locale: Pacific NW

I’ve grown to really like the Peak Design Capture Clip.  It allows me to attach my camera on one of my shoulder straps.  Its secure, I’ve hiked many miles with a little heavier setup (Sony A7C with 20mm f1.8) and its always at the ready.  I just unclip it and it’s ready to use.  With how quickly and accessible the camera is on my strap makes me never hesitate to use it.  For times when I’m crossing water or scrambling I just put it inside the pack.  Its secure on my strap and doesn’t bounce around.  Anyway, you might check out that setup.

Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

Locale: Virgo Supercluster

Looks like Peak has really improved that design in recent times.  I had their V2 when I was trying to carry things on my backpack strap, and it functions just as advertised.  It’s a very secure system, but didn’t work well for me; I tried it for a few months and finally ended up giving it to a friend…and I’m pretty sure it’s still going strong for them.  Definitely well-built; I would imagine that the V3 offers similar longevity.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!