Topic

Bernette B35 Sewing Machine opinions sought.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Bernette B35 Sewing Machine opinions sought.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

There have been a couple old generally favorable posts on Bernette machines, but not the B35.  After a ten year gap I want to make some gear.  We also have some furniture that needs new covers.

Any experience with the Bernette B35 machine?  It’s mechanical and goes for around $300 US.  I would want it for curtains, outdoor furniture (8 oz Sunbrella fabric), silnylon, ripstop, fleece, blanket fabric, etc.  I’d be happy with at least a zig-zag stitch, but it has 20+ stitches and a pretty good button mode (per the one Youtube I watched).  Max stitch width and length are both 5mm.  Easy top tension adjustment, I didn’t see any mention of bottom tension adjustment.

We have ruined a couple of $200 Singer electronic machines.  Loved using a borrowed $1200 Bernina.  Hoping for something simple and rugged but inexpensive.  One thing I loved about the electronic machines was one touch of a button gave one stitch, super wide zig-zags, and it always stops with the needle up.  I can give up on those for reliability.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools