Topic

Bathtub Floor for Bug Bivy?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Bathtub Floor for Bug Bivy?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christian K
    BPL Member

@disciple3131

For all of you with bivy camping experience: does a bug bivy need a bathtub floor? I guess it depends on where/when you’re camping. Any preferences? Yay or nay? The Borah Gear bivy doesn’t look like it has any bathtub effect, but rather is just a flat floor, and I know that’s a popular UL bivy choice.

Debating yet another MYOG project, and my goal is to pair it with my Gatewood cape.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

here is Borah gears bug bivy pitched in my yard. I have not used this particular bivy yet.. i have used their other bug net bivy plenty.. and never felt a need for much of a bathtub floor. Though.. the sides will come up a bit when laying in it with pad and quilt.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

here is Borah Gear bug bivy (not dcf).. this is maybe 6 years or so.. you can see, This one has even less of the bathtub floor sides.. this i have used many nights and never had any issues..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools