Topic

Basic Membership to include articles?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Basic Membership to include articles?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marcus Bendixen
    BPL Member

@scandiman-2

Locale: Colorado Springs CO

Just renewed my membership at the ‘basic’ level. Does a ‘basic’ membership include access to articles?

Ed Biermann
    BPL Member

@longstride

Nope. Forum access only

https://backpackinglight.com/subscribe/

Marcus Bendixen
    BPL Member

@scandiman-2

Thanks for the information. That’s too bad, as there have been a few recent articles that I would be interested in reading.

Marcus Bendixen
    BPL Member

@scandiman-2

Doesn’t seem to be exactly spelled out as to what ‘additional member only content’ a basic membership entails. I had assumed that covered articles. Wish it was a bit more clear in the membership level descriptions.

Ed Biermann
    BPL Member

@longstride

You have to read everything.

A FREE Membership gives you read access to forums, the ability to watch threads, and private messaging privileges, along with access to a limited library of members-only content if you confirm your email subscription to our Free Member List when you sign up.

A BASIC Membership gives you FULL access to forums, along with additional members-only content (above and beyond what you get with a Free Membership) if you confirm your email subscription to our Basic Member List when you sign up.

A PREMIUM Membership gives you FULL access to forums and FULL access to ALL members-only content, along with some exclusive sneak peeks into some of the programs available only to our Unlimited Members if you confirm your email subscription to our Premium Member List when you sign up.

An UNLIMITED Membership gives all the benefits of a Premium Membership, plus Insider Access into what’s happening behind the scenes at Backpacking Light, including strategic business updates, early access to selected content prior to publication, and the opportunity to participate in free or reduced-price beta participation in selected programs prior to their public release.

But I agree that “more content” should be better explained. I would not spring for the Unlimited membership.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools