Topic

Bad Bay Area air quality

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Environmental Issues Bad Bay Area air quality

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

We’ve had glorious sunsets lately. My allergies have been glorious too. Turns out an atmospheric inversion is the cause. the air quality is often ‘hazardous’ or a little less. An expert quoted in the Chronicle  “said people using their fireplaces is the biggest source of fine particle pollution”.

No kidding. when I go out walking at night, I’ll often smell smoke from a single home over several blocks. It’s cold lately too, so there’s a lot of fires going.

After the last many summers of fires and having to live in smoke filled air for months, smelling smoke from home fires jsut after the first rains gives me the willies. Really? Three months of smoke filled air ain’t enough, now we need several more brought on by roaring fireplaces?

Recall that I live in an urban area. Still, home fires can’t be good for CO2 emissions either…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!