Topic

Bacon spam bits actually tasty!!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Bacon spam bits actually tasty!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Heads up, I found bacon flavored spam bits at my local grocery store and they’re awesome!  They’re like little bacon morsels.   Much dryer than spam.  Definitely coming with me on my next trip.

Btw, this may be sacrilege, but I don’t like the original spam.  The gelatinous floppy texture and cat food smell invokes my gag reflex every time.   The bacon spam bits taste completely different.

Bill Giles
    BPL Member

@wgiles51

Locale: Central Illinois

Spam snacks do not appear on the Spam website. I have not seen them around here. We have bacon Spam, which I have tried and found wanting, but no Spam snacks. I don’t know whether Spam has given up on them or not.  I have fried bacon Spam, but the result bore little to no resemblance to bacon. The bacon Spam released very little fat during the frying process. I don’t  know whether that means that there is less fat in bacon Spam or that the fat is bound up in the product. I gave some thought to dehydrating the bacon Spam and that may be closer to the Spam Bites that you have found. I’m not sure how well home dehydrated Spam would keep.

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Here’s the ones I had:  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spam-Snacks-Dried-Spam-Bites-Made-with-Bacon-1.4-oz/46854866

Not sure why they aren’t on the spam website.  Hopefully they aren’t discontinued.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools