Topic

Backpacking Food

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Backpacking Food

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Backpacking Light
    Admin

@backpackinglight

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Companion forum thread to: Backpacking Food

A curated guide to backpacking food ideas, meals, ingredients, strategies, skills, podcasts, forums, research, education, product recommendations, and more.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Mark! Awesome set up of this. Plethora of information right here!! This is near perfect for anyone to dive into. Thanks for taking the time to organize this and post it!!! I personally will refer to it plenty!

Scott Roach
    BPL Member

@clipster95

Locale: Bay area

Wow! What an incredible resource! Excellent. Thanks for compiling

AK Granola
    BPL Member

@granolagirlak

I recently tried two of the Food for the Sole meals – the peanut slaw and the kale/quinoa/sweet potato meal. Both were good, but the kale dish – best trail food I have ever eaten. Really tasty, very filling (ate half a “full” meal, which was plenty). If I’d had a packet of parmesan or some salt, I’d have added those for optimal flavor, but even without, it was really delicious. You do have to like all three of those ingredients, but if you do, you’ll probably like their concoction.

I divided up the peanut slaw into small portions to have a “salad” with each of my meals. That was nice.

I have no idea of the calories, nutrient content or anything else and generally don’t care; I want to eat something that tastes good and this did.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools