Topic

Backpacking and camping can reset your biological clock

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Backpacking and camping can reset your biological clock

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best
    David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

“I’d love to see someone do an experiment where they take people who have winter depression and have them increase their time outdoors for a weekend,” he said. ” said the researcher (after finding that just two nights camping achieves most of the circadian-rthym reset).

I’ve done the experiment.  Numerous times.  Two days of being outside all day is really helpful for getting me out of the winter blahs.  Or a trip south of 40N, even if I’m not outside all day long.

Katherine .
    BPL Member

@katherine

Locale: pdx

“Biological” clock?

No need for a reset, already had two kids.

More seriously, that’s a convincing reason to give winter trips a try.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

^^^^ ;)

It makes sense to me. I also noticed that most people I know  that mention sleep problems  work indoors . I fall asleep in minutes .

Gunnar H
    BPL Member

@qy

After many years of problems finding sleep at night I have solved it by making sure to see daylight in the morning by a 2 mile walk in the forest with the dog every morning. Only problem is that November – January, then its dark before I go to work, and the morning walk itself is not enough if it is still dark. This week is the first week this year when I can walk in the early morninglight, and it has been easier already to get to sleep at night. (This is more of keeping your clock in check…)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools