Topic

Backpack main body drain suggestions.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Backpack main body drain suggestions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Russell Lawson
    BPL Member

@lawson

Locale: Olympic Mts.

Hey folks, been designing my next backpack and the last feature I can’t figure out is if or how drain slots should be incorperated into the main body of the pack.

My current pack doesnt have any and I find after rainy trips or when I rinse it, it holds water if I dont turn it inside out.

So far I’ve come up with water hose type slits between the hipbelt seam and body bottom. Might weaken a key seam or cause water to drain onto the back of legs though.

Wisdom please!

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Red hot nail at the collection points.

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

Use a water permeable bottom fabric?

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

I use breathable fabric for the whole bag.  I rely on inner plastic bags for the things that must stay dry.  I can run entire bag through the washer and dryer after each trip to get rid of the salt and stink.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools