Topic

Back with 5 more trail profile mugs: The PCT!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Back with 5 more trail profile mugs: The PCT!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jim H
    BPL Member

@jraiderguy

Locale: Bay Area

Hi all –

I hope everyone is having a great summer outside. A few months ago I posted a link to my JMT coffee mug, and after finishing summer semester of school I’m back with a new trail, the PCT! I’ve broken the trail into 5 sections across 5 mugs. WA and OR were easy, they each got their own mug, but CA was tough, I ended up with 3 mugs for CA (below Whitney, Whitney to below Lassen, and the rest of CA. I’m sure it could be broken up differently, but it worked for the POIs I wanted to label on each mug. I also stuck with labeling mostly natural features, as opposed to labeling trail junctions or highways – just personal preference.

These took me way more time that I thought, so I hope you think they’re cool. I’ll post a 10% off link in the comment below if you like them enough to buy one.

Also let me know if you’d be interested in a specific trail. I was originally thinking the AT and CDT next, but maybe shorter trails that can all fit on one mug would be more fun (both to make and to buy). I was thinking the Wonderland Trail maybe?

Cheers!

Jim H
    BPL Member

@jraiderguy

Coupon link for 10% off mugs through end of the year:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MuddledRemarks?coupon=BPLTEN

Thanks!

Matt
    BPL Member

@mhr

Locale: San Juan Mtns.

Looks great!  Colorado Trail – 486 miles?

Jim H
    BPL Member

@jraiderguy

Shameless bump in case anyone is interested in a mug. Fall semester has been killer, so the JMT mug and the PCT are the only ones I’ve completed. I am hoping to get through a couple more over Christmas break, but I don’t want to make any promises yet. Link in post #2 should be good through the end of the year. Cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools