Topic

Author of post wants to delete the post

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Author of post wants to delete the post

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mart
    BPL Member

@1goodpacker

Locale: Central Texas

I posted “Valle Vidal Advice Wanted” in the “Philmont” Forum and the “Trip Planning” Forum. These postings are no longer valid as I’ve changed my route. I would like to delete both posts, then re-post an updateded version. How can I delete the old posts?

Gary O
    BPL Member

@garyoddou

Did you ever get a response to this?  This site lacks customer friendliness.  I’ve tried to delete a post and it keeps telling me because I’m beyond the 30-day limit, I can’t edit it and there’s no where I can find about how to delete it.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

PM moderator Matthew and ask him to delete the post, tell him why. He’s pretty good at responding to such requests.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Yep Doug is right. I’m great at responding to these requests. You can PM me any time.

There’s a short edit window for users and users cannot delete posts but I’m happy to do it or I can edit posts as needed.

I see two posts from Mart on that topic and there are a bunch of responses. I’m not inclined to delete the original post of a thread that has been responded to by so many people. I don’t think it’s weird at all to post “hey my plans have changed and I’m going from this other trailhead now” or whatever.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

It does look like I missed Mart’s original post. That does happen. I have a day job as a teacher in a public high school and Jan 13, 2022 was the beginning of the semester. Sorry about that.

PM is a great way to ensure I see something.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools