Topic

Attaching ZPacks hipbelt pockets to my HMG Southwest Pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Attaching ZPacks hipbelt pockets to my HMG Southwest Pack

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Yoyo
    Spectator

@dgposton

Locale: NYC metro

So I cut the hipbelt pockets off my HMG Southwest Pack (as many others have done) and have been using my ZPacks hipbelt pockets on my CT thru hike.  However, I’m looking for a more permanent / more secure solution.  Does anyone know of someone who will assist me in attaching these permanently for a fee?  Or does anyone else have personal experience with attaching these in a more secure way?  The pockets tend to flop around a bit and slide.  Right now, I’ve just used thin cord from ZPacks to tie each end on the hipbelt, but there’s nothing to keep it from sliding around.  Thoughts?

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Using a basic 1960’s Bernina sewing machine, and very little skill, I sewed a set of Gossamer Gear pockets onto the hip belt of a Golite pack. There was a little wrestling involved to get the foot into the bottom corners, otherwise it was straightforward. They’ve stayed put for the past 5 or so years.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools