Topic

Astronomical prices for now discontinued Coleman Powermax stoves and fuel

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Astronomical prices for now discontinued Coleman Powermax stoves and fuel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Elliott Wolin
    BPL Member

@ewolin

Locale: Hampton Roads, Virginia

FYI…just noticed people selling Coleman Powermax stoves and fuel canisters on Ebay for really high prices.  Fuel bottles that used to cost around $5 are now going for $30 or even more.  So if you have some fuel bottles from years ago, now is your chance to make a killing.  I saw a stove plus three fuel bottles going for $125.

Coleman produced an adapter that allowed you to use normal Isobutane cartridges with the Powermax line of stoves, I recall it didn’t work as well but it worked.  I think it was liquid feed.

I actually have two single-burner stoves, one double-burner stove, and a box of fuel cartridges.  I was saving them for winter camping, but now I’m not so sure…

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

Roger??

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Ah yes. It goes to show how silly Coleman were to discontinue the whole series. There are refinements in that Xtreme stove which few in the company today would be aware of. Superb beast.

Yes, I have two Xtreme and a case or two of the canisters. Good CLEAN gas in them too. No, I am NOT selling!

The adapter was reviewed in 2007: see https://backpackinglight.com/powermax_adapter_spotlite/

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools