Topic

Articles “…accessible to those with a Basic Membership” …. but not?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Articles “…accessible to those with a Basic Membership” …. but not?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    DriCamp
    BPL Member

@dricamp-2

Locale: California & Arizona Desert

After joining as a basic member, I received email that says “I’ve put together a collection of reviews, skills, videos, and stories, accessible to Basic Members, so you can get an idea of the types of content we publish at Backpacking Light: View our Backpacking Light 101 Curated Collection. Enjoy these articles…”

When I click the links, I get a paragraph of an article, which fades to “end of free preview,” and asks for an upgrade to Premium or Unlimited.

Am I misunderstanding “accessible to Basic Members”?

I am logged in when I attempt to access.

DriCamp
    BPL Member

@dricamp-2

This is that page that, if I understand the welcome message correctly, should have viewable articles for basic members:

https://backpackinglight.com/backpacking-light-101-collection/?__s=dlh2n75frfmah1ug48hk&utm_source=drip&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Basic+Membership+News%2C+Articles+%26amp%3B+Info&utm_content=some+important+info+about+your+Basic+Membership+at+Backpacking+Light

It looks like there are 17 articles that I can’t access.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Hey Dricamp. We are looking into this. We will get back to you.

DriCamp
    BPL Member

@dricamp-2

Any updates re: this? Thanks

Dan
    BPL Member

@dan-s

Locale: Colorado

Same for me. Interesting that nobody ever noticed this before.  :-)

Mark J
    BPL Member

@mrkjhn

Seems like all the time running into that dead end. I just kind of gave up but glad someone is looking into it!!

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I sent you a PM, Dricamp.

DriCamp
    BPL Member

@dricamp-2

Thanks for the update Matthew. After reading your PM, I think I’ll just wait until January and try again. Happy holidays, D.C.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

I was trying to look at some very old articles in the “archives” section today but I can only view the “preview” and not the full article.  Not sure if this is the same issue that DriCamp was having a few years ago but I a resolution wasn’t shared here so thought I’d add my current issue.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

PM incoming

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools