Topic

Arc Haul Sizing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Arc Haul Sizing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robert I
    BPL Member

@bob-i

Planning to buy an arc haul during the holiday sale. I have a question about sizing. My torso size is 19”-30”,which is right at the top of the small. I have a bad back and need to keep the weight off my shoulders.  Any advice on whether I should get a small or medium?  Thanks

Bob Kerner
    BPL Member

@bob-kerner

My experience has been if you contact them they will advise accordingly, and better to rely on their advice then someone who’s body shape/size/requirements might be different than your own.

Robert I
    BPL Member

@bob-i

I contacted zpacks and they said if less than 5’8” to get the small. I’m 5’7”, but I didn’t see how that relates to torso length or pack fit.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

Since the shoulder strap attachment point is adjustable, maybe get one size larger so you know you can move them up off your shoulders?

FWIW, I prefer all weight off my shoulders. I’m 6’1” and am very happy with the Med. I have the straps set at their highest point.

Robert I
    BPL Member

@bob-i

I decided to order a small and a medium. I’ll post what I ultimately decide and why.

Anthony H
    BPL Member

@aharlow

I have an Arc Haul zip and I’m 5’9″ 180Lbs and my torso was right at 19″ and I went with a small which I believe they recommend if you fall between 17-20″ and it’s right on the money.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools