Topic

Arc Blast Sizing Question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Arc Blast Sizing Question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brad W
    BPL Member

@rocko99

I am trying to figure out the best torso size to get. If I use leather belt, set the bottom edge of the belt resting on my iliac crest and measure the middle of that to my C7,  head tilted forward, I get 20-20.5″. I typically wear the hip belt centered on the iliac crest give or take a little. I have read for the Arc Blast and Haul, if you are on the cusp of sizing you may want to size down. Based on this what do you think would be correct torso sizing for this pack?

Flat Hat
    BPL Member

@hatflat-2

Locale: Northern California

My torso measures at 20″, I have used a medium Arc zip the last two years.  But I’m switching to a large Arc Blast because when the pack is fully loaded with a resupply and 2 L water it’s about 32lbs, and the load levelers are either straight back or drooping down to the pack from my shoulders, and I’m getting some shoulder pain.

Brad W
    BPL Member

@rocko99

Interesting. How did your Zip hold up during the 2 year usage?

Flat Hat
    BPL Member

@hatflat-2

Locale: Northern California

Like any DCF pack would hold up during 2 years of use.  I did learn not to rest against trees with my pack on, though.  I advise getting the Haul if you want more robust material, DCF you got to be more careful with.  Recommend a size large Zpacks for your torso size.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools