Topic

April Shenandoah AT Section Hike

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports April Shenandoah AT Section Hike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

Locale: NE AL

I finally got around to creating a blog to post some trip reports, and this is my first one.  It was my longest section hike to date, and I enjoyed it immensely.  And I NEVER would have been in a position to pull it off without knowledge gained over the years here at BPL.

http://fivestarhikes.com/index.php/2018/09/29/april-in-the-shenandoahs/

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Fun read, thanks. Consider making your embedded photos larger though!

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

Enjoyed your report. I did that section near Thanksgiving.  I hiked it with my son, who was thru-hiking.  It is indeed pretty easy hiking.  And my son was in thru-hiker shape.  I spent the whole time trying to keep up with him.  Every day was over 20 miles and the days were short that time of year.

Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

Locale: NE AL

Thanks for the feedback Doug, that’d been bugging me too, and I finally learned the (very simple) fix.  Looks a lot better now.

@Ben
    , I’ve never pulled a 20 mile day, but if I’d had a mind to just to say that I had, it would’ve been on that trip.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools