Topic

App Gear Co – Alpaca Hoodie – Sizing (Large)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) App Gear Co – Alpaca Hoodie – Sizing (Large)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Michael B
    BPL Member

@mikebergy

I ordered one of these in green, and finally got to me about a month after ordering. From the reviews online, I thought I had ordered way too big, as I bought a size Large before I read reviews that said the hoodie runs HUGE. I decided to wait for mine to arrive and see if that was the case, and then arrange a return if needed. It was not needed. Either people that review this hoodie normally buy clothing that is sized smaller than normal (basically all non-US based clothing) or App Gear Co changed their sizing, as the Large is spot on with the other large items I wear on my 6’1” 190lb frame.

I hope this helps any who are looking to get one of these. It has an interesting smell, I assume it will fade as I wear it and wash it, but it isn’t bothersome to me so I won’t be annoyed if it stays.

Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

Locale: Virgo Supercluster

Give it some time; it’ll stretch a bit as it conforms to your body, and then it’ll be somewhat loose.  Try not to block it too much after you wash it, either, or it’ll be very large on you.

Michael B
    BPL Member

@mikebergy

Ha, yeah, I have assumed it will get looser as I wear it. But it is not the sleeping gown I expected to receive when I read some of the reviews.

Alexander L
    BPL Member

@ludwigk

How did you manage to get one… it’s (and most of the other items) shown ‘out of stock’ on their website for the last 6 months!?? I was wondering how the remain in business?

Michael B
    BPL Member

@mikebergy

Sign up to get their updates. I had to sign up twice, but I bought one when they sent me notification. They stay in business by selling all their product :)

Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

Note: put your money aside and purchase IMMEDIATELY when you get the notification email.

NoCO-Jim
    BPL Member

@noco-jim

Locale: NoCO

FWIW, Women’s small dimensions below.  Bought as a gift, and haven’t given it yet, so can’t  vouch for comfort/fit.  Don’t expect my wife to wear in the backcountry.  Bought color Blue (Watauga), and haven’t noticed any smell…maybe dye difference? or maybe my sniffer is dead from too many hops.

I really messed up the order due to my mistakes, and Megan at AGC did a great job in straightening it out.  Can’t speak highly enough for the customer service.

Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

I ♥️ Megan.  She did a great job resolving my issues as well; over and above, as I mentioned in the thread on the subject.

Michael B
    BPL Member

@mikebergy

I am somewhat convinced she is the only person answering emails, as she answered my questions as well. Very pleasant to communicate with.

Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

They’re a small company, still…and yes, she’s a magical awesomeness-dispensing fairy godmother.

Alexander L
    BPL Member

@ludwigk

I’ve done this several times and I’ve not received a single email from them? Everything always shows ‘out of stock’ on their site??

Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

Check your spam folder?  I had no problems subscribing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools