Topic

Anyone Using EE Revelation Xshort as a half bag?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion Anyone Using EE Revelation Xshort as a half bag?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David Butcher
    BPL Member

@dtolomei

Hi!

I’m in the market for a half bag for 3 season use. Haven’t decide on 30 or 40degree. I’m 5’10 & have down pullovers to match any weather conditions, & am looking to couple with a half bag to shave weight.

Has anyone used the Revelation this way in Xshort? i don’t believe that was it’s intention, but it appears it should work & be lighter & cheaper than other half bags I’ve found.

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

I can’t find the x-short size on their site.  What are the specs?

A better option might be Nunatak’s half bag (Apex or down).  Lots of customization options to dial in the fit and likely cheaper than a Revelation quilt.

David Butcher
    BPL Member

@dtolomei

Here’s the link Paul, it’s one of their custom versions:

https://enlightenedequipment.com/revelation-custom/

The Nunatak half bag does seem like a great option that’s even shorter & more fit for this application, thanks.

Matt Dirksen
    BPL Member

@namelessway

Locale: Mid Atlantic

You may want to closely examine comparing the half bag to a 50d quilt. I almost went with a half bag many years ago, but concluded that a full length 50d quilt would ultimately be more versatile in the long run, and not much heavier. In particular, I use it as an overbag in cold weather.

(EE’s regular length 50d 950FP Downtek Enigma in 7d fabric weighs 8.86 oz.)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools