Topic

Anyone up in/near Marquette MI? Pictured Rocks area?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Anyone up in/near Marquette MI? Pictured Rocks area?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    a_gunslinger
    BPL Member

@a_gunslinger

Headed up next week and arrive on a Sunday.  And getting shuttled to Au Sable for start at 8am Monday.  Cant find any clear places up there that have fuel canisters for sure.  Some outfitters but they are all closed on Sunday  =^/   Might send up but the post offices are closed on Sunday also.  Cant pack in checked bag.  Walmart has limited stock/none.

Anyone up in that area have any ideas?  Can I send some up to you?  ;^)

rOg w
    BPL Member

@rog_w

Locale: rogwilmers.com

Downwind Sports in either Munising or Marquette should have them.

rOg w
    BPL Member

@rog_w

Locale: rogwilmers.com

I would call Downwind and see if they can give them to your shuttle.  Munising is a really small town.  I would think they could make something happen.

a_gunslinger
    BPL Member

@a_gunslinger

Finding a place that has them and is open is my issue.  Stores and Post Offices not good on Sunday.  Downwind closes at sleepy small town hours of 3pm on Sunday, time my flight lands  ;^)   May call them.  Walmart does have some crappy Coleman so I should be ok.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools