Topic

Anyone finding any good after Christmas deals?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Anyone finding any good after Christmas deals?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Curtis B.
    BPL Member

@rutilate

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Anyone finding any good after Christmas sales?

I read an article that said that due to record warm temps there should be tons of winter clothing/outdoor gear on sale.

Peter H
    BPL Member

@stickler64

Locale: Sacramento

The bargain bin at zpacks has a bunch of sleeping bags for abour 25 bucks off . But, normally, deals won’t start ’til late Jan. after most folks have returned their xmas items and springtime draws near.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Xmas trees and second hand wrapping paper are going cheap.

cheers

Kelly G
    BPL Member

@kellydt

A friend figured out a good way to get a bargain. When people purchase items online at regular pricing, and then return them to the local outlet mall location – the outlet location then discounts them to get them out of inventory, since they don’t normally carry those items. So, scout the local active gear factory outlets for Christmas returns. About now.

Kelly

jimmy b
    BPL Member

@jimmyb

Not really, quite the opposite. I ordered a Rab, Mountain hardwear and Montbell  jacket to test and the Rab and the Mountain hardwear  were at very decent holiday discounts. Since pulling back their operation to in house sales only the Montbell I ordered was at full pop. Care to guess which one I ended up with?  Yeah (sigh)…, well I cant take it with me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools