Topic

Anyone else having trouble with PMs?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Anyone else having trouble with PMs?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ratatosk
    Spectator

@ratatosk

I suspect I’m sending PMs and they’re not going through to the recipients. Anyone else having glitches?

Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Southern Indiana

As you might be aware, you can’t directly reply to a PM you’ve received. You have to instead go to the member’s profile and send a PM to them to get through. That’s why you see many on Gearswap who will say to directly e-mail them instead. Not sure if that helps or is pertinent. At least that’s the way it has been, however someone out there might be more knowledgeable on the issue and I stand corrected if it’s not the case.

Ratatosk
    Spectator

@ratatosk

Thanks Monte, I think the system has been streamlined at least somewhat; I’ve certainly carried out conversations via PM by responding to ones I’ve received. I’m mostly concerned because I’ve got someone’s money, and I don’t know if the gear I sent them has landed safely, without which knowledge I’m unwilling to spend the money. But – at some point, no news is good news. -R

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I use PMs constantly given my role here at BPL. I know people are getting them because they are responding to me and I am responding to them.

My sense is that the most likely reason people are not responding is that their email notifications for PMs are going into their spam folders.

I also know that email notifications for GS posts are working, as recently as last week when people responded to a post I made and then responded to my responses.

you can’t directly reply to a PM you’ve received. You have to instead go to the member’s profile and send a PM to them to get through.

I do not think this is correct unless you mean that people cannot respond by replying to a notification email. Again, I respond to PMs very frequently and I get responses to those PMs. I get to their PMs by clicking the emailed links when I’m on my phone or my own laptop but I also get to them by going to my PMs on the website and hitting the reply button on PMs when I’m on my work computer at lunch (which doesn’t have my personal email account on it so I have to manually respond). I don’t ever go to people’s profiles when responding.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools