Topic

Anyone coming to Alaska in July?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Anyone coming to Alaska in July?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

I was just re-reading Russell’s thread about coming up to Denali and the Kenai and realized his dates lined up rather nicely with us having a car parked at the Anchorage airport.  Then he posted that he’d had to delay his trip due to a family funeral.

So, anyone else coming to Alaska in July?  (or, Philip, are you coming to Mainland Alaska from Kodiak?)  We’ll have a car, probably a Toyota Corolla, parked at ANC from July 10th to July 31st.  I’m sure it would be snatched up at almost any price on an Alaska-travel FB page since rental cars were $150/day and now there are none available.  But I trust you guys and gals more than some rando off the Interwebs.

And I can toss bear spray, DEET, butane fuel, camp chairs, an axe, etc, in the trunk.

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

Oooooh, you almost had me with the trunk full of guns, but I’m thinking about doing the cannery tour on the south end of Kodiak instead. Thanks for the offer!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools