Topic

Any market for a used ACR ResQLink?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Any market for a used ACR ResQLink?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Locale: Idaho

I bought one a couple years ago and have taken it on several trips. Absolutely babied the thing. Now that I’m branching out in my travels, I’m looking at the inReach Mini to have emergency texting abilities.

That said, I’m putting the feelers out there… seeing what kind of market, if any, there is for these things… and how much money I might get for it.

All thoughts welcome. Thanks.

Ben H.
    BPL Member

@bzhayes

Locale: No. Alabama

They are still selling them new… so there is a market

Seem to be going for $100 – 200 on ebay depending on condition and accessories.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=acr+resqlink&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=4

… you can also find replacement batteries.

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Thanks, Ben.

Jenny A
    BPL Member

@jennifera

Locale: Front Range

I sold mine a few years ago when the first InReaches came out.  I think the gentleman who bought it was a scout leader or something like that, so yes, there is a market for them.  It seems to have gotten easier to get replacement batteries, too, which helps.  Still beats the heck out of having no emergency backup at all.

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Thanks, Jenny.

Brian Devlin
    BPL Member

@bdevlin

Exactly when did you buy and I assume you never have to utilize it. Battery is supposed to be changed after 6 years or when used for SOS call. I usually rent one of these for trips I take once or twice a year. It is around $40 for the rental. So I may be a buyer but I think I would low ball you as I would only offer what I would pay for two rentals (ish). So $90……assuming it passes diagnostic test.

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Brian,

I purchased and activated it in Dec 2016. Never had to push the “SOS”. I pushed the “test” button once or twice to confirm it was working. And it was! I take good care of my things and doubly so with something this important: i.e., I babied it in the way it was carried and handled. The handful of times I took it on trips, I carried it inside my sleeping bag or in another padded sack for protection.

rusty

Brian Devlin
    BPL Member

@bdevlin

Okay, you just let me know if you want to sell it.

Katherine .
    BPL Member

@katherine

Locale: pdx

You should be able to sell it easily. As someone who once purchased a Res-Q-Link secondhand let me advise you: Be sure to unregister your device!

The person I bought mine from had not taken that step, so when I was registering myself I had to ask him to unregister. No big deal, and he did promptly, but I’m sure his mom would have loved it if she got a call from SAR…

Katherine .
    BPL Member

@katherine

Locale: pdx

The pricing should depend in part on how many more years of expected battery life it has. Cause it’s a bit of a hassle to replace that, and not cheap.

$100 for about 4 more years sounds about right to me.

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Thanks, Brian and Katherine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools