Topic

Any company make a 10' x 10' camo silnylon tarp ?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Any company make a 10' x 10' camo silnylon tarp ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

Any company make a 10′ x 10′ camo silnylon tarp ?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

two pints
    Spectator

@madgoat

Locale: Ohio

Hammock Gear sells camo cuben as an option for their hammock tarps and they are more than willing to do custom work.  A 10’x10′ tarp is not a standard option though, so you will have to arrange for custom work.  I would expect your finished tarp to cost around $450 or so.

They do sell a 11′ x 10’6″ “winter palace” hammock tarp in camouflage.  Take a look and see if it is close to what you want, and then talk with them about your custom ideas.

http://www.hammockgear.com/tarp-cf3-winter-palace/

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

a few ounces heavier than some  … but  I doubt you’ll find a better made tarp: Cooke Custom Sewing

two pints
    Spectator

@madgoat

Locale: Ohio

I should add that I have a tarp from Hammock Gear.  It is a standard hex cuben hammock tarp that I had them modify a bit.  It has doors only on one end, I had them make the sides a bit longer than normal, and the panel pull outs are located wider apart for bridge hammocks.  I have rode out some nasty weather under this tarp and the tarp held up just fine.  80+ MPH wind gusts make for a fun night hung between two trees.

Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Southern Indiana

The Brooks Range Mountaineering Guide Plus Tarp measures 10′ X 10′ and weighs 15.5 oz. They can be bought in a dark green color which blends in quite well to a woodland environment. BRM used to make the Guide Plus Tarp in camo, but I can’t find them anymore. You might put out a WTB on Gearswap. It would be lottery odds finding one. Wouldn’t cost you anything though.

You might also check with Dave at Oware (bivysack.com). He sells a 10′ X 10′ for $130. Even though doesn’t have camo listed as a choice, he would possibly make one if you ask. The 70d camo material can be bought pretty cheap, however he 30d camo  gets expensive.

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

Thanks for the input. I got Lightheart to make one for me.

Ernie Fuentes
    BPL Member

@askernie

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

Looked there several times but never found a sil camo 10×10 tarp. I just decided to go with lightheart and its finished and on the way.

JRB has a 10×12 sil camo tarp but that is bigger than I need.

William Kerber
    BPL Member

@wkerber

Locale: South East US

NM…didn’t see that you had already made the purchase.

Contact Simply Light Designs. He does custom work at a reasonable price.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools