Topic

Animal Hair Resistant Hiking/Climbing Pants?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Animal Hair Resistant Hiking/Climbing Pants?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brendan Yeager
    BPL Member

@byeager

Locale: New England

Hey Y’all,

I have been wearing Prana’s Stretch Zion pants for years. At first just for hiking and climbing, but eventually all of the time (I am old, married and don’t mind looking like a trail bum). I love everything about them (as the 4 pairs in my closet can attest), EXCEPT that they attract cat (and presumably other animal) hair like crazy. I have a similar problem with my Patagonia Quandary pants.

Having two long-haired cats and a wife who likes me to look at least borderline presentable from time to time, this is a bit of an issue.

I suspect that this is just something that I need to accept if I want to wear a stretchable nylon pant, but wanted to see if anyone had tried an alternative that avoids this tragic flaw.

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

I usually have better luck with stretch woven materials attracting hair than other materials.

You can take a dryer sheet and rub down your pants.  It should reduce the static cling.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools