Topic

An Update on TrailCooking

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition An Update on TrailCooking

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

The last three years for me have been overwhelming (we ran an urban farm, sold it, moved to an island, and spent the last year turning the land into a functioning farm). During that time TrailCooking got hacked and while we got it repaired it had issues – and then Google punished us by not rescanning it – and we got the red screen of shame for 9 months or longer….I gave up counting (where it says your site may contain malware).

I sat down at the end of winter and rebuilt the website from ground up, on a new host, where it is stable (and secure). I cut back bloat on the site, but overall the site looks the same as it did before the hack. That was my goal. You can thank a very, very snowy February and early March for me having time finally. I had to hand import in every single recipe and page on the site to ensure there was no hidden malware.

Spring is here, I am beyond busy on the farm and getting ready for business – and just happy that TrailCooking is back to being able to being used :-) If there is anything you can’t find on the site, let me know and I will do my best to get it back on the site. However, we couldn’t bring over the old blog of 11 years, I hand wrote the last few entries and knew I’d never get that done. So onward to the future and all!

The recipe menu/site map is here:

https://trailcooking.com/recipe-home/

https://trailcooking.com/

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

What a HUGE task! And so valuable. Congratulations Sarah.

Cheers

Ken Ross
    BPL Member

@kr

Very glad to see you back!

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

Missed you and glad you made it back.

Thanks for you hard work above!!

AK Granola
    BPL Member

@granolagirlak

Thanks Sarah. I love your site and recipes!

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Thanks a Lot, Sarah! Great stuff on food preservation/dehydrating and recipes.

Jack R. Abbit
    BPL Member

@kuhlwind

Locale: Just over the Edge

Wow, lot’s of hard work and sacrifice. We’re still working on ours. (land) I thank you for your service and will support you by ordering your book. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools