Topic

Altra shoes warranty info

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Altra shoes warranty info

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adam Holbrook
    Spectator

@pharmer

Locale: SW Ohio

If you put your Altra shoes in the washer you VOID the warranty.

I could not find the care instructions online (I don’t think the care or the warranty info is posted), and I washed mine.  I washed them in hot water with my backpacking clothing from this weekends section hike. The shoes are no longer wearable. I’ve heard not to put your shoes in the dryer and I didn’t and wouldn’t, but apparently whatever they’re made from will not stand up to hot water. The stiff internal heel cup on both of my shoes deformed among other issues and now they’re garbage.

Just wanted to let let others know if you didn’t already. Mine had a lot of good miles left in them.

Iago Vazquez
    BPL Member

@iago

Locale: Boston & Galicia, Spain

Sorry to hear. Thank you for posting!

Adam Holbrook
    Spectator

@pharmer

Locale: SW Ohio

At least I got a few months of casual wear out of them while I was becoming accustomed to them.  I would have been even more upset if I had worn them on the hike for the first time and then washed them!

Allen C
    BPL Member

@acurrano

Bummer to hear that. Cleaning trail running shoes is best done with a garden hose and a nylon brush – just spray them down and brush off the mud etc, and repeat till clean. Take out the insoles and make sure they are clean as well. Air dry or put on a heater vent in your house or use a fancy shoe/boot dryer if you have one. No need to ever put them in the washer or dryer!

There is also really no need to use hot water when washing clothes these days, I’ve been using cold water exclusively for years and it works just fine. (Biohazard type issues may be another matter.) Hot water can easily damage/shrink synthetic, wool, and cotton fibers. A hot dryer can also cause shrinkage and some dryers get pretty hot even on the lowest setting, so all of my tech clothing gets hung to dry. It is quick dry after all!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools