Topic

Altra Lone Peak 3.0 – $79.56 from Amazon

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Altra Lone Peak 3.0 – $79.56 from Amazon

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Almog
    BPL Member

@almog

I was hoping to try these for my summer hike but they’re usually over $100. Today I noticed that their price just dropped to $79.56 for all sizes and colors.

Here it is: http://amzn.to/2sllHRi (the link does contain my amazon referral code)

Michael S
    BPL Member

@silvermss

Yes, if people wear LP3 best to keep an eye on their prices since they are done making them.  The 3.5s are out now and they have updated some features on the upper shoe.  I haven’t worn my 3.5 yet since I still use the 3s.  Now with the 3s on sale everywhere I have 3 more pair coming to me from amazon.

Brando Sancho
    BPL Member

@saudade

Locale: SoCal

REI has them on sale as well for people with dividends still.

EastCoastHiker
    BPL Member

@slackpackhiker

I bought these shoes from Amazon in January for $84. I have the Superior 2.0 and they are incredible hiking footwear. I now have several Superior pair stocked up, for fear of changes to that shoe.

The LP3 were literally thrown away just hours ago, after precious few hours of wearing around home. They didn’t stay tied, which was annoying but worse, they started coming apart after being washed once. A tongue look like it had been chewed.

I recall the shoebox was plain cardboard, which I thought odd. I’ve wondered if these shoes were knock offs, they are so so awful, especially in contrast to the Superior 2.

I’m interested in how these shoes perform for others. I just might take a pic of the trashed shoes, that have no treadwear, and send it to the maker.

Almog
    BPL Member

@almog

@Claudia, mine look pretty solid. Did you buy them directly from Amazon or through a 3rd store that sells through Amazon (aka Fulfilled By Amazon)?

I did get mine in 10.5 which is what I usually wear in trail running shoes, but I guess that I should have taken them in 10. I’m going to keep them for training and get another pair.

EastCoastHiker
    BPL Member

@slackpackhiker

3rd party seller.

Several years ago I left an online review for eyeglass frames that the seller didn’t like and was harassed mercilessly. Had to drop that email to get relief. These days, I try to figure if the seller is legit, but that can be guesswork, and I’m not consistent in checking.

Bottom line, I don’t want to get in any crosshairs over this.

Perhaps these shoes are the real thing and the washing machine chewed up the tongue. I’ve washed various gear and lots of shoes w/o an apparent problem. That’s not to say it couldn’t happen.

EastCoastHiker
    BPL Member

@slackpackhiker

Please note!

The shoes were apparently damaged by a dog, one fairly new to us that was a rescue by our daughter. The dog was scrapped up off a highway a couple of states away, then had extensive surgery, this after lying on the highway going on three days.

The dog wasn’t caught in the chewing act, but two more pair had weird damage later on, a Superior 2 had a small single rip, a Solomon has the elastic tie partially chewed.

It’s the dog, my husband, or a ghost…I’m going with the dog. My sincere apologies for the confusion.

Brando Sancho
    BPL Member

@saudade

Locale: SoCal

I got mine for $68 a few weeks ago. Watch for price dips!

Russ W
    BPL Member

@gatome83

Locale: Southeastern US

Now on Mass Drop for $57.99 + $7.75 shipping for $65.74 to your door.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools