Topic

Alpaca Mid Layers and Base Layers Discount – Arms of Andes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Alpaca Mid Layers and Base Layers Discount – Arms of Andes

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Melissa H
    Spectator

@arms-of-andes

Hi everyone!

We got some requests about offering a discount for BPL members. Please find the code below which you can use when checking out on Arms of Andes website. Please let me know if you have any issue or have any questions. Thanks so much!

Code: BPLonly

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

Thanks Melissa,

What are the weights of your hoodies?  You know how important that is to us on BPL….. Thx

Melissa H
    Spectator

@arms-of-andes

Hi John!
    Yes, of course. Please see weights below. I will have the weight of the base layers end of this month since we ran out of stock we are waiting on the new one.

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Men mid layer large zip neck: 575 gram</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Men mid layer medium zip neck: 545 gram</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Men mid layer medium hoodie: 644 gram</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Men mid layer large hoodie: 665 gram</span>

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

Am I reading this as …..

644 grams for the medium 420 hoodie?

545 grams for the medium 230 hoodie?

Thx

Melissa H
    Spectator

@arms-of-andes

Hi John,

Sort of.

The base layers 230 g/m2 hoodie have not been weighed yet since the new stock is coming end of this month.

For the 420 hoodie medium, it is 644 grams. Sorry for the confusion. I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you more questions.

CARLOS C.
    BPL Member

@lamboy

Locale: Mid Atlantic

I understand the appeal but just think you may be one the wrong site. this is BPL.

stenslat .
    BPL Member

@stenslat

This post is useful for hunting BPL people like myself.  Until someone makes quiet puffy stuff, alpaca fiber might be lightest insulation option for hunting.  In addition to being warmer than other wool, the non-stink factor means I can buy fewer items and bring fewer items on long backcountry hunts.

The BPL factor would be if someone else made a 420g alpaca fiber shirt that was lighter due to more efficient construction, but 575 grams does not sound bad for a large long sleeve shirt with 420g material.  I’m going to try one.

Melissa H
    Spectator

@arms-of-andes

Hi Carlos, what site would you recommend?

CARLOS C.
    BPL Member

@lamboy

Locale: Mid Atlantic

Like the above said. Hunters, Bushcrafters, hammock campers. Basically people less worried about every gram and ounce. I think some people here that are multisport would be more interested, but for the diehard people this wont be very drawing due to the weights. Still interesting for sure and i will be watching where it goes in the future.

If you look at the base layers in the gear list section of this site you will see what i mean.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

bushcraftusa.com

Melissa H
    Spectator

@arms-of-andes

Thank you for the tips! I really appreciate it and I will look into it.

Philipp P
    BPL Member

@phoeloepp

@arms-of-andes

Dear Melissa, do you have by chance any update for the weight of your base layers? Parcticularly the weight of the 230 g/m² half zip neck would be of interest to me.

Thanks a lot and best regards!

Melissa H
    Spectator

@arms-of-andes

@phoeloepp

Hey Philipp,

Yes of course. Please see the chart below and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks :)
    Weights of alpaca base layers and mid layers of Arms of Andes

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools