Topic

Almost done EE Apex 50 degree quilt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Almost done EE Apex 50 degree quilt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kristen t
    Spectator

@kristenandseth-2

I sewed the top fabric and bottom fabric together. I flipped it inside out and stuffed with the apex.

Here is my question. 1) How would you go about sewing the apex to the quilt?

2) how would you go about stuffing the apex in the quilt. I can’t get it to stay lined up with the bottom edge or the other edges.

3) Did I hear that you needed 2 layers of the apex for its temp rating or is that wrong? I only have one layer.

I’ll hopefully finish my EE 20 degree quilt I’m making with 850 down and membrane fabric this weekend. I messed up on it once and wasted 30 bucks of fabric. I bought some wash away double sided tape which has made the sewing part great. If you are going to sew a quilt, purchasing some wash away tape helped me. Thanks for all the info and help too!

Michael
    BPL Member

@tjayblues

YouTube video

This is a very valuable video. At least in this video they sew the APEX/ouside shell/inside shell … this way when the quilt is turned inside out the layers are properly oriented and the APEX is secured all the way around the perimeter.

If my description doesn’t make sense … the video is very clear.

kristen t
    Spectator

@kristenandseth-2

First thanks M Compton. I rushed doing this quilt and didn’t think it all the way through. What you said makes sense though. I’m going to watch the video and see what I can do. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools