Topic

Alaska Late June

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Alaska Late June

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Chris A
    BPL Member

@callison

Hi All,

My wife and I are road tripping from Seattle through Canada and up to Alaska. Our plans aren’t final, but we’re looking at possibly doing a sea kayaking trip in Glacier Bay, some backpacking in Wrangell St. Elias via one of the road-accessible trails (e.g. Nugget Creek, or Trail Creek – Lost Creek Loop etc.), and some backpacking in Denali.

Glacier Bay and/or Wrangell would be a few days somewhere between 6/18 — 6/25. Denali would be sometime after 6/25 (at 6/25 we’re going to crash at a friend’s cabin in Willow for a couple of nights).

We’re from Texas and haven’t spent much time in bear country and thus would like some company since, besides keeping clean camp, making noise while hiking etc. — the general rule of thumb seems to be safety in numbers.

We would consider ourselves intermediate backpackers. We’re in decent fitness and happy to scramble, but don’t have any experience on glaciers and limited experience route-finding, though I feel pretty comfortable going off trail given good preparation.

If you’re interested in joining us for one of these possible trips, let me know. If you’re interested, but would prefer a different date, let me know. We can probably be flexible.

Interested in meeting some of you! It’s been a pleasure lurking the forums and learning from your advice for our other trips up to this point.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools