Topic

Airshed Replacement

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Airshed Replacement

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jon Solomon
    BPL Member

@areality

Locale: Lyon/Taipei

The Patagonia Airshed Pullover was made with a fabric that had a CFM rating of 60. Unfortunately, it’s not in Patagonia’s lineup anymore. The Pro Pullover version is no longer available in France and in any case the use of capilene in the arms and the hood makes it a piece that wouldn’t fit my needs for backpacking. I want a homogeneous piece made of the same fabric throughout.

Is there anything out there from any maker that offers a 60CFM level of breathability in a lightweight windshirt? It seems like current offerings offer either lower CFM (the Houdini Air uses fabric rated at 40CFM) or higher weight.

Graham F
    BPL Member

@02174424

Locale: Victoria-Southeast Australia

The fauxdini at about-60. https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/84082/page/16/#comments

don’t know if this tickles your fancy?

Jon Solomon
    BPL Member

@areality

Thanks, Graham. The page to which you linked led to several dead links on Ebay, but after digging further into that thread finally led to a live one.

My first reaction: Um, meh. But good to know about.

The fabric that Patagonia uses for the Airshed really spoiled me. With mechanical stretch it also feels really great next to skin, and I’ve used it that way before.

Why oh why won’t they just bring it back?!

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

If you’re a Medium or X-Small, Worn Wear has a couple including a light green that I don’t think I’ve seen before.

Jon Solomon
    BPL Member

@areality

Thanks for the HU. US only shipping (sigh).

Jon Solomon
    BPL Member

@areality

Thought of using a reship service but Worn Wear has temporarily ceased operations.

I hope that everybody stays healthy!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools