Topic

Aegismax 'Wind Hard' quilt (EE Revelation Clone)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Aegismax 'Wind Hard' quilt (EE Revelation Clone)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Scott Kilcoyne
    BPL Member

@scottx

Locale: Indianapolis

http://imgur.com/a/ywxdL

I haven’t seen anyone post anything about these, maybe I’m the first to pull the trigger on one (two)?

-Aegismax ‘Wind Hard’ Quilt
    -32* / 16oz (on the dot) / 850FP
    -Feels and looks identical to my EE Rev 30* (sewn through, though)
    -I’m 5’11 and with the foot cinched i can pull it up to the very top of my head
    -155lbs and there is plenty of wiggle room in the upper half

Haven’t taken it out yet, just got it in today, planning on doing an overnight in town next Monday with lows in the high 40’s then taking it out for 4 days in NC on a section of the AT at the end of the month, I’ll report back after each of those.

Scott Kilcoyne
    BPL Member

@scottx

and this: https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14517569_10207130847925361_2475492698994542866_n.jpg?oh=5cea8b8efbdc98e17b63220b35647b74&oe=585FB7C8

Don Burton
    Spectator

@surfcam310

Locale: City of Angels

Scott,

funny, I was just going to post this. Btw, Scott just posted this on the Reddit UL group. Thanks! :)

Scott Kilcoyne
    BPL Member

@scottx

just found this:

http://www.windhard.com/

Steve Chan
    Spectator

@sychan

Locale: SF Bay Area

This came up before under, I think, Gear Deals, but from what I recall there was some self-censorship because the quilt was obviously a rip off of the EE quilt baffle pattern (even though the AegisMax is sewn through). I’ve been really tempted to pick one up since I think the “poncho mode” could be handy, but my existing EE Enigma really fulfills my modest gear needs so I haven’t pulled the trigger on buying it yet.

Plus, I was hoping that they would come out with another color besides ghostly white….

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

Tags say it was designed in China, pretty sure my basement is in Minnesota.

-Tim

Scott Kilcoyne
    BPL Member

@scottx

I’m not even sure who made it. It says Aegismax on one tag but Wind Hard everywhere else with their logos and website….

disclaimer: I own an EE Rev and I’m not trying to divert people from EE :) just sharing.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

It’s no problem. I don’t have any problem talking about this thing. Just wish they wouldn’t try to claim the design as original. Every good idea I ever had had been copied, I’m not done by any means and I’m sure I’ll be around long after “wind hard tiny” retires.

MJ H
    BPL Member

@mjh

Tags say it was designed in China, pretty sure my basement is in Minnesota.

How deep is your basement?

Steve Chan
    Spectator

@sychan

Locale: SF Bay Area

Is there any chance that EE could offer an option to put a slot in either the Prodigy or Revelation so that you could use it as a poncho? It would probably not be cheap since you’re using actual baffles and not just sewing it through, but I was curious.

Don Burton
    Spectator

@surfcam310

Pretty easy mod if you can sew.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Not something we can do right now. They can use a zipper because there is no loft being sewn through, we would need to do it so there was full loft. We are having a hard time keeping up with orders and custom work is always the first thing to go in busy times. Sorry.

[ Drew ]
    BPL Member

@43ten

Locale: Central Valley CA

Not too shabby for ~$90, perfect for a spare bag or someone that wants to try [LW] backpacking.  I had a EE revelation, but I am curious to see how this compares for a fraction of the cost/no 12 week wait.

jimmy b
    BPL Member

@jimmyb

no 12 week wait.

EE well worth the wait.

Don Burton
    Spectator

@surfcam310

Easy mod but as Tim was saying these are sewn through so if you added a “poncho hole” to an EE quilt then you’d had a cold spot. I have a 30 deg EE Revelation and wear it like a shawl if I’m cold hanging around camp. I’m looking forward to getting a 10 deg EE quilt later this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools