Topic

Adding to BPL's credo

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I am formally requesting BPL staff to ask members, contributors and lurkers to join at least one environmental organization. This could be either a national or local environmental organization.

As backpackers most of us likely already are members of such groups. If you aren’t then please JOIN.  Personally I am a member of The Sierra Club, National Audibon Sociey and Friends of Nevada Wilderness. Sometimes I donate to Earth Justice.

But being a “Checkbook Environmentalist” is not enough. We all need to be active in some way. Organize a protest, letter writing campaign, support candidates who are aligned with a sustainable environment, oppose those who don’t, do cleanup on trails and waterways, and support other clubs’ efforts in such things.

WE ARE LIVING IN A TIME WHEN THE ENVIRONMENT IS UNDER ASSAULT ON MANY FRONTS.

We must act to protect it in our lifestyles and our commitment to environmental organizations.

Thanks for reading this.

Eric B.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools