Topic

Adapting a Scarp 1 inner for a 10×10 pyramid?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Adapting a Scarp 1 inner for a 10×10 pyramid?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Pigeon
    BPL Member

@popeye

I’d like to use my spare Scarp 1 inner in my Oware 10×10. I plan to use wooden dowels to prop up the four corners of the net tent as the Scarp has struts there. Any suggestions for an easy and cheap method to attach dowels to the corners and keep them removable for packing?  There are two plastic rings in each corner. Inserting a dowel there would be straight forward, but I haven’t thought of a convenient way to fasten them temporarily.

Thanks for any help.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Rubber o-rings? Zip-ties? I’m having trouble picturing it. If you got just the right diameter dowel maybe it would just hold in by friction?

Pigeon
    BPL Member

@popeye

Hmm your mention of o-rings makes me think rubber bands would solve that problem pretty well. The less I have to buy, the better. If I get a  decent setup I’ll post a couple photos.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools