Topic

***ACR Resqlink™ 406 GPS TEST ISSUE***

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Ken Larson BPL Member
PostedSep 21, 2018 at 11:42 pm

Just came back from a packrafting trip on Isle Royale National Park in Lake Superior MI that I used the ResQLink+™ PLB (I do have an Account) each day from 10Sept to 17Sept. Each day I enabled the PLB when I arrived at my destination and in some cases in the middle of a lake where the sky was clear and bright, and  if I stayed at a particular location more than once the PLB was used. A total of EIGHT (8) one SECOND tests were sent and I thought that by one green light followed by another green with a white strobe flash indicated the test was sent successfully.  As of yesterday 18Sept I had NOT received any of the eight notifications back NOR did the other four individuals that should have.  Each test the ARC ResQLink+™ PLB  was in the proper position I felt with clear access to the sky above. I am NOT new to using the ARC ResQLink+™ PLB as I have had and used  one since 2010.

I pre tested the ARC ResQLink+™ PLB on 30Aug at my home residence and receive my message back (CKING IN……WE ARE OK ! – Beacon ID 2DCE8A27F2FFBFF was detected on 30 Aug 2018 15:01:34 Z) Today, 19Sept I enabled the PLB once prior to 1200 hrs AND THREE (3) times after 1200 hrs with NO message returned to myself nor my other recipients.

Now this is the second time I have used this device during a hurricane on the East Coast and I am interfering that this weather phenomena has interfered with the messages being passed on from your receiving stations and the other ….. if this is the case. If this is the case, I believe this is an issue that needs corrections on your part and the reason I’m communicating today to you. Can you help me out as I am looking for confidence with this device AND I paid for your services that guaranteed if I followed your instruction correctly it would, BUT I feel today were not provided.

 

REPLY ACR

We are having issues with our monitoring system both hardware and software.  The system is intermittent and we are working on getting the hardware upgraded. The upgrade will take approximately two months.  To give you a little background, NOAA went from satellite GOES 13 to satellite GOES 16.  Our system is fully compatible with GOES 13 and intermittent with GOES 16.  Please be assured, that our system is not the same as the rescue network, but a side monitoring system that looks at the rescue network and reports to us.  Meaning the rescue system works, but the side reporting system to ACR is intermittent.  You will be saved in an event of an emergency.

 Christopher Fornbacher

Field Service Specialist / Part 145 CRS# 8CER093C Chief Inspector

chris.fornbacher@acrartex.com

Joe S BPL Member
PostedSep 22, 2018 at 1:24 am

That’s a bit alarming. Thank you for posting your results and the response from ACR.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...