Topic

A Word Of Caution Regarding Luke's Ultralite

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) A Word Of Caution Regarding Luke's Ultralite

Viewing 15 posts - 201 through 215 (of 215 total)
  • Author
    Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I’m disappointed to hear that.

Frank E
    BPL Member

@mowraith

Similar story here. I have purchased high quality items from LU over the years and had been very pleased with the quality and service. Then in the spring of 2017 I had to do a PayPal claw back for items not received. I did this at the suggestion of Mark his brother who turned out to be his father. Late this winter I placed another order thinking he was rebuilding his business and reputation. I used a credit card. After the date passed for delivery I contacted him had he said he might be able to send me one of the items, maybe. Spooked by that and the continuing reports here and elsewhere I did a claw back through my credit card. I did not want to take a three hundred dollar hit. I am glad I did because apparently shortly thereafter he started asking for personal checks for payment ? Huge red flag. Still and yet, I hope for the best for Luke and his dad. I do not personally know what all the issues are that they are dealing with so I will not pass judgement on them but cannot recommend that anyone order from them directly at this time.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

“I noticed that Dutchware starting selling shirts that look a LOT like Luke’s laundry shorts. I forgot that the two brands were affiliated”

They are not affiliated any more than i am affiliated with other vendors that are on Outdoortrailgear. We are just hosted there.

Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

If he’s taking personal checks, which ostensibly would have to be mailed, then he’s also committed mail fraud.

And yeah, I don’t think we should all be happy for him getting back on his feet when he has many, many customers who he has unfulfilled orders for or owes refunds. He needs to take care of existing orders before taking new orders or at least work on them simultaneously.

And frankly his brother/dad Mark seems just as shady, based on what I’ve read.

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

If you have an issue with LUKE’S ULTRALITE  concerning the loss of money for good he did not make,  may I suggest contacting Carol O’Brien ([email protected] )  a prosecuting attorney for Delaware County, OH. OR if you prefer you can use the Crime Victims Rights Toolkit ( https://victimsrightstoolkit.com/ )

jason a
    Spectator

@jayflexx

Thanks Ken, that is a good post and I will contact Carol and I’ll see what happens. The sheriff’s office sent the investigation up to attorney general for the county but I’m not sure where it went from there. I will say that I have been following Luke’s and his fathers Facebook and Instagram page. Facebook has not been updated since late May and Instagram has been taken down. I know I reported the business as fraudulent to both entities so maybe some progress.

Mark R
    BPL Member

@afnm1hikernsa

My first two orders with Luke went well.  My third order for a rain jacket, which I made on 03 March 2018 has yet to be fulfilled. I waited patiently for one month, then started sending a few emails over the second and third months.  During that period, I received two emails, with the promise to complete the order.  In June I gave up and requested my refund.  I have followed up with three more requests.  All the talk about honorable veteran is no longer applicable.  He took my money and has ignored me.  My opinion now is the this guy a rip-off con.

Joshua H
    Spectator

@hurstj

Same here.

July 22nd orddered $300 in rain gear.  Doesn’t respond.

6 weeks later I send a message on his website asking for a new jacket – replies in less than 2 hours, and continues to respond.   Send message about my old order and wanting a refund – ignores.

How can any business ignore customers who have paid $300.

Joshua H
    Spectator

@hurstj

The Better Business Bureau has given him a rating of “F”.

Venmo has banned him from their services.

Delaware County Sheriff’s Office has investigated previous complaints and can not get in touch with him.

And he is still quickly responding to inquires on his website about new orders.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

His website doesn’t load for me.

Gumbo
    BPL Member

@redgum

Locale: Aussie in exile in the PNW

Me too. None too soon, by the sounds of it.

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Thank you Ken for the posting.
    All very sad, for both Luke and for his customers.

Cheers

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

Bummer. I wore my LUL windshirt just yesterday. It’s a great piece.

Ryan

Frank E
    BPL Member

@mowraith

It looks like someone / some entity finally shut him down. If you look on Facebook ( Luke Stegner ) he is trying to sell off a lot of his clothing material, zippers, down, etc. trying to raise what money he can that way ? Sad. I would say if you haven’t gotten your money or goods at this point you are SOL.

Viewing 15 posts - 201 through 215 (of 215 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools