Topic

A Wonderland of Larch: Autumn in the Bitterroot Mountains

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports A Wonderland of Larch: Autumn in the Bitterroot Mountains

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark Wetherington
    BPL Member

@markweth

Locale: Western Montana

Companion forum thread to: A Wonderland of Larch: Autumn in the Bitterroot Mountains

There’s a few things I miss about living in the Southern Appalachians and fall color is at the top. The Northern Rockies are a majestic landscape, and

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

I love the larch of Western Montana. It’s a beautiful tree that always leaves me scratching my head that it can be a yellow evergreen.

This one featuring lakeside larch from our camp in the Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness on a vintage Wilderness Adventures Trek:

Mark Wetherington
    BPL Member

@markweth

Locale: Western Montana

Beautiful photo. I saw one of the most spectacular sunsets of my life at that lake on an early October backpacking trip several years ago. All the larch had already lost their needles but it was still an amazing scene.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools