Topic

A well-stocked garage.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear A well-stocked garage.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

The snow and moose took out a section of fence around my dog’s run and normally I’d just go to Home Depot and buy 25 feet of livestock fencing and two T-posts.  However, Covid-19 shelter-in-place orders are in effect and I wouldn’t be able to get the fencing material down to the ground anyway with lots of snow frozen in place.

I keep a lot of materials around including old crutches as a source of aluminum tubing and fiberglass-rod driveway markers as pack stays, and atlatl throwing darts (and as driveway markers).  That, lots of ropes and scout knots and I replaced a section of fence.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Talk about MYOG, David! Well done. I expect that the dog doesn’t have any special opinion about what you’ve done, either way.

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

Never thought of you as the macramé type, David.  But it looks good!

If there is one thing this Covid19 pandemic will do, it is to get people to think a little out of the box.  Or in your case, out of the garage.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Paul, I’m actually an okay seamstress.  I embroidered my own hippie jeans in high school and after I explained to my mother how to sew merit badges onto the sash so they looked best, I found I had to do it from then on.

Never got into bondage, so my fancy rope work is limited to Turk’s heads, barrel hitches, diamond and spider hitches for backpacking without a pack bag.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Nice work David. Kinda looks like a bunch of buoys on a dock.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

I keep a couple of (partial) coils of fencing wire and a couple of partial coils of electric fencing tape in the barn, plus some spare star stakes.

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools