Topic

A Walk to Fire Island

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports A Walk to Fire Island

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Companion forum thread to: A Walk to Fire Island

So this short video is not a backpacking trip or overnight camping trip,  its simply a day hike on the beach from Robert Moses State park, field 4, up the coast approximately 5 or 6 miles to Ocean Beach, Fire Island…

AK Granola
    BPL Member

@granolagirlak

Nice beach walk! I like how the deer just make themselves at home, a day at the beach. They have a good thing going there. You should put your wife/partner in more of your videos!

Dan
    BPL Member

@dan-s

Locale: Colorado

Very cool to do something different and find a little adventure near home. You just motivated me to post a day-trip report.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Thanks. Lmao @ putting my wife in more videos!!! Baahahaaaa.. first, if you heard her say.. “You better not be putting me in your video”,  haa.. she is not keen on pictures or videos.. and secondly.. she does not enjoy “camping” at all! 2 strikes!!! Anyway.. Yes the Deer on Fire Island are everywhere and many of them grow quite large. That one sitting in the Dunes was a nice Buck, if you noticed. We even had one come charging right at us while walking on the boardwalk near Kismet.. ran quickly in our direction,  then stopped short and watched us, and then walked off in-between 2 houses.

Sometimes something simple close to home is so obvious that we miss or overlook it, even take it for granted.. but it is there! Something is there!! Earth is a beautiful planet and there is nature and beauty,  fascinating things to see, all around you.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

The devops tank is legit. +1.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

@Ryan.. yes!! The Devops tanks are legit. Pretty much all I wear all summer long. Also a nice variety of colors to chose from!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools