Topic

A few pictures of my hammock hangin in the woods

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Hammock Camping A few pictures of my hammock hangin in the woods

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

just a quick hang and run overnight with a handful of people at Fahnestock State park in NY.

My Dutch Chameleon hammock with Hammock Gear short 10 degree premium  burrow under quilt and a Hammock Gear DCF standard tarp (no doors). I also used my EE 20 degree Enigma top quilt. Packed all in my Gossamer Gear Kumo.  Temps went to 15 degrees overnight and I was cozy, never had a clue it was cold out!!

Jenny A
    BPL Member

@jennifera

Locale: Front Range

Nice setup.  Nothing better than knowing it’s cold out but being snug and warm despite it.

obx hiker
    BPL Member

@obxer

So what did you use for your lower legs/feet with the short underquilt? I got cold feet in much warmer temps in a very warm nunatak alpine footbox using a very warm Locolibre 3/4 underquilt until I pulled the 1/2″ plastazote backpad out of my pack. That solved it. What’s your approach?

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Honestly, my feet were pretty much protected by my under quilt.  I am 5 ft 10.. The under quilt is a premium incubator.. size small..Up to 5 ft 7. My head does not get protected, but it’s fine. I also put my small airflow sit lite pad from Gossamer Gear under my feet.. though it was not needed but I had it with my kumo, so figured I may as well use it. This will be my third year of winter camping in my hammock and so far it works.

I will say, when the temperature drops to O degrees or below, I use my O degree under quilt, and that one is a regular length!!

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Yes Jenny A.. That’s for sure!! Thanks😁😁😁

Hoosier T
    BPL Member

@jturner140

Locale: Midwest

Very nice! I love winter camping, and even more so in a hammock. This was a 5 degree night and we got some snow. One of the most serene nights I’ve ever had outside.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Awesome @ Hoosier T.  Nice picture of you in your hammock with some snow in background!! Gotta love it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools