Topic

A comprehensive list of Running Vest Inspired UL Packs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Speed Hiking and Fastpacking A comprehensive list of Running Vest Inspired UL Packs

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Montmolar
    Spectator

@vhk416googlemail-com

Hey guys,

since Running Vest Inspired UL Packs are rising in popularity and I’ve been personally obsessed about my own Montmolar FastPacks I’ve taken some time to compare them in a google spreadsheet.

Hopefully someone will get some useful information out of this and be able to use it to help them find the best FastPack for them and their use cases.

Here’s the link to the Google spreadsheet.

Let me know if there’s anything I missed/messed up on or anything I should look into adding to this list.

PS: I generally did try to include any pack with volume >18l, but added a few stray ones for completeness. There are also some “old” packs, which aren’t available any longer.

To clarify my definition for said category – a running vest style pack features:

• a vest style harness system, which will typically cover more of your torso, then regular straps
    • a number of pockets on said harness for easy usability while on trail – especially for water on the fly (i.e. soft flasks)
    • an adjustment system, which will cinch down the pack for those faster paces
    • ideally adjustments to contour the pack / adapt the pack to different loads and volumes
    • ideally an option to stow away your poles without removing the pack
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools