Topic

Look what showed up at work today

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery Look what showed up at work today

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    D M
    BPL Member

@farwalker

Locale: What, ME worry?

We work at a remote airfield and this bobcat showed up today and made some friends. A female, obviously someone's pet, declawed and very very friendly! We called Game and Fish and it now is at a rehab center in Tucson.BobcatGuys with bobcatBobcat

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Beautiful cat.

Valerie E
    Spectator

@wildtowner

Locale: Grand Canyon State

De-clawed?!? That's horrible; I can't believe a veterinarian would do that to a bobcat. Now it will have to live in captivity forever. Sad.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

It is indeed Valerie, it's horrid.

Michael L
    BPL Member

@mpl_35

Locale: NoCo

Considering how friendly it appears to be, I bet it has always lived like a domestic cat. I wouldn't expect it to be able to live in the wild even with claws without the training it would get from its mother. Perhaps it could have, now it never will be able to.

Dave @ Oware
    BPL Member

@bivysack-com

Locale: East Washington

Pretty cat. Interesting to see one up close.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Either clawed or de-clawed, it is still a beautiful animal.

–B.G.–

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Indeed a very beautiful animal.

D M
    BPL Member

@farwalker

Locale: What, ME worry?

Yea it is sad, but I'm thinking that bobcat did a really smart thing, coming into our compound and seeking human company. Perhaps she knew she would not survive out there without her claws. She was sooo soft and beautiful, everyone wanted to take her home but as a former wildlife biologist I had to tell them we must call Game and Fish as it's illegal to have one. Which leads me to wonder what vet in our area did this work??? Surely the vet knew the laws about having wild cats. I've been tempted to put an add in our local paper to see whom responds, she was in very good shape, no fleas or ticks and the paws were in excellent shape despite being declawed. She was cleaner than some peoples cats I've seen. If she had not come into the work area, she surely would have been eaten by a coyote or mountain lion, and we have lots of those here. She is in good hands now, the people at the sanctuary rehab place in Tucson are wonderful and they have on site veterinarians, people who volunteer and many who care deeply for our local wildlife. We took a hawk there that crashed into one of our fences, unfortunately she died, but they did all they could to save her.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

DM,

I am delighted you were able to help out the little kittie.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Hopefully they find the bobcat a good home. That's pretty cool and kind of sad all at the same time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools